Me in the center with the red flannel, surrounded by my Banff Centre buddies! <3
Here are some process shots from my studio:
- Invisible connective tissue surrounding an object of perception, conceived in terms of its relativistic effect.
- Contradictory layers of paint that exist one upon another.
- Layer; level: an allegory with many strata of meaning.
- Slang. An act that employs systems of painting in unintended ways.
"Techno Pop Painting" !!
(Completed prototype for new paintings.)
- The ninth studio album by the electronic group Kraftwerk, originally released in 1986.
- A postmodernist style of painting that began in the early twenty-first century. Techno Pop aims to express the contradictory nature of surface by employing painting hacks. Aesthetically, it combines the visual elements of cyber culture, geometry, perspective, and brightness to create sensory delights that may exist in multiple spatiotemporal contexts.
Photocopied origami and digital filter
44" X 44"
New collage idea...
This is all my work from open studios at The Banff Centre! I'm so honored to have worked alongside such an amazing, talented, and diverse group of artists! I love and miss you all and hope we will meet again <3
Further, I am very pleased and excited to announce that I now have gallery representation at Camiba Art Gallery in Austin, Texas! I currently have a few pieces on consignment in "CAMIBAart Gallery Artists: A Group Show", which runs from November 14th, 2015 - January 3rd, 2016. Reception is December 4th, from 5:30 to 8:30 pm at 2000 East 6th Street, Austin, Texas. For more consignment and exhibition information, please visit CAMIBAart.
Lastly, I will be attending another artist residency at Kleindorf Art in Strodehne, Germany from March 14th - May 14th, 2016! Yay!
Oh, and one last thing:
Kraftwerk! <3 <3 <3