Sunday, March 30, 2014

New Woodblock Gestures!

Carved, glued, ready to go!  Just have to make sure some edges are nice and flush with the surface, then I'll be ready to paint this guy!  I'm excited about sanding back into the grid and finding some other organic forms within the woodgrain.







So, the plan is to sand down the big wooden block so that it becomes an organic form.  I will be spilling paint on this little guy once I get the block carved into the right shape.  Then I will try to map the resulting entropy - oh my!  These are just some compositional warm ups to get my imagimanation going.  (Wow, it feels good to use a router and all my big power saws again!)

The little golden rectangles kind of look like little amoeba-guys, don't they?

*Meep* :3


1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

No comments:

Post a Comment