Monday, February 3, 2014

Cyberspace IV

Done!  Sparkle dance.  (Quartz powder is great underneath MSA varnish.)

Come see the whole quadtych at my up-and-coming show, "About Space/Contemporary Abstraction"!





Clarified the line work/added green interference!  Just need to cure the sides and add MSA varnish and the Cyberspaces are ready for their big debut at the University of Wisconsin!


(Pink rose petals blowing in the wind.)





(I like how it all vanishes at the right angle.)

Round three.  Turns out all I needed was to add a darker shade of lavender - made a nice warm gray that created the spatial clarity that I needed.  Well, hell.  I think the composition is a wrap.  Now I just need to wait for the paint to dry, reclaim the line-work and add green interference!  I have some ideas...   






Out of gas, still burnin'.  Round two complete - next will be a few more compositional adjustments to improve the balance and functionality of the illusion.  I may introduce a cool gray and rusty red oxide to punch the light lavender ground with nuanced figure/ground contrasts... there still needs to be some space happening in the color contrasts.





Hauling ass on Cyberspace IV.  Got the general movement, architecture and the base colors set... next, I will reclaim the line work and continue pushing the illusion of distortion by defining more contradictory planes.



No comments:

Post a Comment