Sunday, October 6, 2013

Precursor to a New Thesis






Where are the boundaries between subjects?

I am weightless in a web of invisible threads.  I pluck one and watch tender reverberations create thin reflections that spider deep into the darkness.  From this vantage point, I can only see a part of the structure's infinite complexity.  There is neither here nor there, only a spatial median that divides deeper into relative parts.  Like the trapeze artist, I hold my breath and attempt to climb atop one of these threads.  I stand straight, trying to become objective within this innumerable prismatic organism.  One step forward, and the thread flexes beneath newfound gravity!  My spine curves against the forces of instability and I see radical shifts of light play off multiple contradicting planes.  A colossal geode surrounds me: it is the image of relativism - a place where coordinates are lost in the game of snakes and ladders. 



No comments:

Post a Comment