Sunday, April 20, 2014

New Collaboration Project/Self Portrait WIP

Okay, so first off, I'd like to announce that I'm working on a collaboration project with my buddy, Laura Kinser - and I've got a few preliminary sketches to show off!  For these works, I juxtaposed Laura's original rust prints and their digitally warped counterparts.  Then I attempted to map all of the correlating points on the contours of each image by overlaying tracing paper and drawing over them.  The result is a scrunched polygonal waveform.  You can observe the change that occurred between the original print and the warped scan by looking at the sides of the waveform.  They also feel kind of like constellations or maps of continental drift.  I'll have more information on our plans as the project develops!





You can visit Laura's websites here:

Secondly, I'm keeping up with self-portrait sketches and plan on uploading more of them on a regular basis.  Here's my most recent work in progress:




:)

No comments:

Post a Comment