Thursday, January 22, 2015

Organic Circuits!

Howdy folks,


I just completed a new mini series of Circuit Topology drawings that include circles, ellipses and morphed organic forms.  This is a big breakthrough, because I figured out how to skew flat circles by translating their coordinates onto the gridded surfaces of 2-point perspectival planes.  It just took some patience and a little caffeine to figure it out, but it worked ~

This ultimately pushed me to use the grid as a structural device and allow the circuitry to become more of the focus. In Morphed Circuit, the grid is still there - it's just "invisible".  I'm excited to continue in this direction and you can expect to see more organic circuits!

Also, I will be leaving Minneapolis on February 1st!  I look forward to returning to my home state and going on grand adventures through the American Southwest and Europe!  I have submitted applications to four residencies in Marfa, Texas, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico and Ballyvaughan, Ireland.  Wish me luck as I am being considered for these programs.

More info soon! ~Z



"Gyro Circuit"
Colored pencil on grid paper
6" X 7.5"
2015


"Manifold Circuit"
Colored pencil on grid paper
6" X 7.5"
2015


"Morphed Circuit"
Colored pencil on grid paper
6" X 7.5"
2015

~~~


~ As a triptych ~


No comments:

Post a Comment